The Learning Collaborative (TLC) offers a number of different courses through online, face-to-face and mixed modes of study. If you are thinking of gaining a qualification to improve your job prospects or to change career we offer qualifications, Statements of Attainment (SOAs) and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – all through independent study or Traineeship/ Apprenticeship pathways.
Modes of study
There are two (2) modes of study which cater to different styles of learning:
(1) Our face-to-face training options offer Industry professional trainers with on-site assistance to help you complete your course. We recommend this mode of study for learners who thrive in a group learning environment and would feel more motivated and supported to study in that setting; and
(2) Our online courses are self-directed courses aimed at flexible learners with busy schedules and some previous experience in their chosen field. We recommend online courses to students who are well organised, self-directed and do not need constant guidance and interaction with others.
Funding for courses
You may be eligible for Government funding assistance for your chosen course if you meet the Eligibility Criteria for a Government-funded program.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Eligibility:
If you are studying your first Certificate 3 since completing High School you may be eligible for Certificate 3 Guarantee funding. This means you may pay as little as $1 per unit for your course.
The Eligibility Requirements for C3G Funding are as follows:
- You are 15 years of age or older
- Have finished or left secondary school
- Are a Queensland resident
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrant) or temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permit on the pathway to Permanent Residency (PR), or a New Zealand citizen
- You do not hold or are not currently enrolled in a Certificate III or Higher-Level Skills (HSL) Qualification (Certificate III qualifications completed at school do not apply)
- Employment status does not matter; nor is there any minimum education requirement, except the standard entry requirements for the course
We encourage you to look through the courses we have on offer by clicking the link below. If you already know which course you would like to study, get in touch with us and we will find you an Industry-qualified trainer to train you through your qualification.
We recommend you create a Unique Student Identifier (USI) in the meantime if you haven’t done so already. This number is unique to you and will be required in order to enrol into any Nationally-Recognised Training program in Australia qualification you choose to study.
Get in touch with us now to ‘jump-start’ your career with education!