SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Embark upon an active career in the sports and recreation industry with this entry-level course. Gain the foundation skills you need to work with others and encourage an active and healthy lifestyle.
This qualification reflects the multi-skilled role of individuals in operational and customer support positions in the sport or community recreation industry. These individuals are competent in a range of activities and functions requiring autonomous work within a defined range of situations and environments.
They work in locations such as fitness centres, sporting grounds or complexes, leisure and aquatic centres and community recreation centres.
Steps in furthering your career
Contact us today to register your interest
Receive your course specification information
Submit your enrolment/eligibility documentation
Start your training
Gain hands on work experience through practical training with our highly experienced trainer
Receive your Nationally Recognised Qualification on successful completion of this program
Possible job titles include:
activity operation officer
sport and recreation attendant
community activities officer
leisure services officer.
This Apprenticeship* will take approximately one year during which you will be employed and paid while you train. A competency-based assessment may reduce the time required to qualify as long as trainee can show they have the skills to do the job.
What is User Choice
The User Choice 2017-20 program provides a public funding contribution towards the cost of training and assessment services for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
The program aims to provide funding aligned to the skills needs of industry and respond to changing government priorities.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine training with working in a real job, with a real boss, for a real wage. Apprentices and trainees work towards the completion of a nationally recognised qualification while learning valuable skills at work and under the guidance of a training organisation.
Who is eligible for User Choice?
To commence a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship, the following must be met:
- have entered into a Training Contract for a qualification that is funded by the department
- be registered on DELTA with a commencement date
- complete 7.5 hours per week of paid employment. This may be averaged over a 3 month period.
- Over the period of a year, the employer must provide at a minimum the equivalent of 375 hours (50 days) of paid employment.
The student must be either:
- enrolled at, and attending, a registered government school or an accredited non-government school; or
- registered with the Home Education Unit of the Department of Education as a home-schooled student; or
- undertaking Year 11 or 12 studies at an Australian Technical/Trade College or TAFE institute (which is registered as a school – not all TAFE institutes are registered as schools).
- The student must be enrolled in either Years 10, 11 or 12 and progressing towards the attainment of a Queensland Certificate of Education or equivalent and/or a vocational qualification.
Student Co-Contribution Fees
Student contribution fees are the non-government financial contribution to the cost of the training and assessment services provided by TLC. It may be paid on behalf of the student by their employer or a third party unrelated to the TLC. In some cases, though, TLC may provide either a partial or full exemption for a student in respect to the co-contribution fee.
Student contribution fees under the User Choice program are set at $1.60 per nominal hour for each unit of competency/module to be calculated at the commencement of the unit of competency/module.
Our Training Providers
* These services are provided in partnership with The Learning Collaborative RTO Code # 32350.
** This qualification is funded by Queensland Government under the User Choice Program.
For further information regarding eligibility, course information and student fees please refer to: www.tlc.training or contact us today!