Certificate III in Food Processing FBP30117
This qualification describes the skills and knowledge for food processing workers employed in the following sectors:
- grain processing (including stock feed, animal feeds, milling wheat, barley, oats and flour milling)
- baking (including large scale production of cakes, pastry, bread, biscuits and plant baking)
- retail baking
- beverages (including juices, soft drinks, cordials, aerated and still waters, energy drinks and other modified beverages, such as vitamin and antioxidant beverages, coffee, tea and ice)
- dairy processing
- fruit and vegetables
- grocery products and supplies (including honey, jams, spreads, sauces, dressings, condiments, spices, edible oils and fats and pasta)
This qualification is designed for production related roles that require application of industry specific skills and knowledge across a range of processes, including some technical and problem solving ability. It caters for multi-skilled outcomes and roles that include team leader functions within the production environment. All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, in accordance with State/Territory food safety, work health and safety and environmental codes, regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace.
If Eligible for funding,
this course starts from
Check eligibility for funding and payment options below.
15 years old, not attending high school
2-3 days a week (evening)
Observation, classroom, practical
Face to face
There are 17 units of competency for this qualification. There are 5 Core units and 12 Elective units. Elective units must ensure the integrity of the qualification’s Australian Qualificiations Framework (AQF) alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome. The electives must include a minimum of 6 units beginning with the code FDF or FBP, and are to be chosen as follows:
- 1 must be selected from Group A
- 6 must be selected from Group B
- 5 electives must may be selected from:
- Groups A, B or C
- this Training Package or any other currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course
An asterisk (*) next to the unit code indicates that there are prerequisite requirements which must be met when packaging the qualification. Please refer to the Prerequisite requirements table for details.
FDFFS2001A – Implement the food safety programa nd procedures
FSFFS3001A* – Monitor the implementation of quality and food safety programs
FDFOHS3001A – Contribute to OHS processes
MSMENV272 – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
FDFOP3004A – Operate interrelated processes in a packaging system
FBPPPL3001 – Support and mentor individuals and groups
FBPPPL3002 – Establish compliance requirements for work area
FDFOP2061A – Use numerical applications in the workplace
FDFOP3002A – Set up a production or packaging line for operation
FDFPPL3001A – Participate in improvement processes
FDFPPL3002A – Report on workplace performance
FDFPPL3004A – Lead work teams and groups
FDFOHS2001A – Participate ion OHS procedures
MSS402040 – Apply 5S procedures
MSS402050 – Monitor process capability
MSS403002 – Ensure process improvements are sustained
Check your funding eligibility
- Be a Queensland resident
- Be 15 years of age or older and have finished secondary school or left school;
- Not hold or be already undertaking a Certificate III or higher level qualification (Certificate III qualifications completed whilst at school will not exclude you from accessing this funding);
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen)
- The Certificate 3 Guarantee program is a Queensland Government Initiative.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Where you do not meet the eligibility for funding we offer a range of affordable payment plans to be paid over the duration of your course, contact us below to find out more. For any more information please enquire below.