This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in agriculture. The qualification enables individuals to select a livestock production, cropping or livestock context as a job focus or, in the case of mixed farming enterprises, both cropping and livestock.
Individuals with this qualification perform tasks in a variety of contexts, which involve some judgement in selecting equipment and services. Job roles vary across different industry sectors and may include:
- Farm or station hand
- Farm or station worker
- Livestock transport driver.
No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication
If Eligible for funding,
this course starts from
Check eligibility for funding and payment options below.
15 years old, not attending high school
2-3 days a week (evening)
Observation, classroom, practical
Face to face
There are 16 units of competency for this qualification.
AHCWHS301 – Contribute to work health and safety processs
AHCWRK309 – Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
AHCPMG301 – Control weeds
AHCPMG302 – Control pests, diseases and disorders
AHCCHM303 – Prepare and apply chemicals
AHCCHM304 – Transport and store chemicals
AHCWRK301 – Collect samples for rural production or horticulture monitoring program
AHCDRG301 – Install drainage systems
AHCMOM211 – Operate side by side utility vehicles
AHCMOM212 – Operate quad bikes
AHCPCM301 – Implement a plant nutrition program
AHCPCM302 – Provide information on plants and their culture
RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
AHCSOL301 – Construct soil profile
AHCSOL401 – Sample soils and interpret results
CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Check your funding eligibility
- Be a Queensland resident
- Be 15 years of age or older and have finished secondary school or left school;
- Not hold or be already undertaking a Certificate III or higher level qualification (Certificate III qualifications completed whilst at school will not exclude you from accessing this funding);
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen)
- The Certificate 3 Guarantee program is a Queensland Government Initiative.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Where you do not meet the eligibility for funding we offer a range of affordable payment plans to be paid over the duration of your course, contact us below to find out more. For any more information please enquire below.